In order to achieve the aforementioned goals, ASK already has a number of programs on which work is going on. Drishtipat aims to not only complement those programs but add its own vision and characteristics into the implementation of the project. In order to do so, we have identified some key areas where we can contribute.
- Regular meetings, discussions will be held with general people and employers of different localities.
- Satellite TV Service providers in Kalabagan, Dhanmondi, Mirpur, Mohammadpur will show short ads and skits on Child Domestic workers.
- Informative Leaflets will be distributed among different localities and apartment buildings and societies will be approached to include the CDW goals into them
- Talk shows, News reports, Article will be arranged to highlight the plight of the domestic workers and the needs and means to change their condition.
- Film and produce a documentary by the end of the year and show it to a wider audience
Building the School Children as Change-makers
- Organize discussion, art, essay, drama and debate programs to enlighten the youth of the extreme circumstances.
- Involve the children in the education and training of the deprived workers – build respect, compassion and solidarity for the workers among the kids.
- In order to achieve these targets, 3 Bangla Medium Schools are already under the program of ASK. By the end of Phase 1 that number is targeted at 6 with at least one additional English Medium School.
Education and Training for the CDW
- Make the drop-in centers more effective, involve more workers into the centers.
There are also some specific measures we would like to introduce in our project by 2010.
- Introduce more full-time drop-in centers
- Setup a system where the child domestic worker can report abuse and ask for help and aid- maybe in the form of a hotline
- Include more areas in Dhaka – expand to apartment buildings in Dhaka
- Conduct survey and find out more about the CDW situation outside Dhaka city.
These are all ideas in the pipeline and can be changed and discussed in details as time goes on.